Salsa, Kizomba and Bachata with Danza Loca
Danza Loca offers Perth's most popular Salsa, Kizomba and Bachata classes in great central locations!Add some sizzle to your wiggle with one of our fun and funky dance lessons, in convenient central Perth locations! If you're brand new to dancing, why not try out one of our FREE lessons that run EVERY Tuesday and Wednesday? Click on a class on the map below, or simply keep on scrolling to find out more!
Havana Jam Tuesdays at Mustang
Salsa – Havana Jam Tuesdays at the Mustang Bar
The Mustang Bar - 46 Lake St, Northbridge
- 6:45 pm : Doors open – please check-in early! Classes will start without you
- 7:00 pm : FREE Introductory Dance Lesson (Salsa and Merengue) & Beginners 2b, Intermediate 1 and Advanced (Discount applies for either if including 8pm class)
- 8:30 pm : Structured Salsa Classes- Exciting Cuban Syllabus All levels from beginners up. Note: Beginners 2b runs at 7pm
- 9:30 pm : Join our AFTER CLASS RUEDAS to meet everybody in the venue and then… Party ’till late with Perth’s best latin DJs (Free entry all night)
Dance off that winter bod with some spicy Latin rhythms! Learn to #dance #cuban #salsa at Perth's longest running social EVERY Tuesday night at the Mustang Bar, 46 Lake St, Northbridge 7pm: FREE intro lesson. No partner or prior experience required!! 8:30pm: Structured classes 9:30pm: Havana Jam salsa party with NO cover charge!! More info @ www.danzaloca.com #latin #dancing #free #northbridge #whatsonperth #perthlife #mustangbar #perthisok #lovinperth #salsaperth
Kizomba Wednesday at the Belgian
Kiz’Me Kizomba at the Belgian Beer Cafe
Now WEDNESDAYS starting 11/01/17!!
Kizomba – Wednesdays at Belgian Beer Cafe
Belgian Beer Cafe - 347 Murray St, Perth
A pure KIZOMBA only night with special DJ from Perth Kizomba Events starting @ 9pm
Learn the sensual dances that are taking the world by storm!
Just like Tuesday nights at the Mustang, Wednesday nights are the home of Perth’s only FREE introductory Kizomba lessons! That’s right, there’s no cover charge or entry fee necessary! Classes start from 7pm. All levels are welcome, including if you’ve never danced before!
After classes finish, try out what you’ve just learned with FREE social dancing till late to the latest hot hits
Kizomba is one of the most popular genres of dance and music originating in Angola. It is a melting pot of influences, taking its origins from traditional semba with Angolan merengue and Kilapanda (traditional Angolan music). As a result, Kizomba music emerged as a more modern music genre with a sensual touch mixed with a pulsating African rhythm, it is characterised by a slower and usually very romantic rhythm, sung generally in Portuguese but also more recently in French.
Kizomba is popular for having a slow, insistent, sensuous rhythm. It is danced accompanied by a partner, very smoothly, slowly and sensuously, and with neither tightness nor rigidity. There are frequent simultaneous hip rotations coordinated between dance partners, particularly in the quieter refrains of the music.
Kizomba has been in Australia since around 2008 but only from 2012 has it started to sky-rocket in popularity, starting in Sydney and Melbourne and now in Perth!
- 7:00 pm : Free introductory lesson, plus Beginners level 2
- 8:00 pm : Beginners level 1, plus Intermediate levels 1 and 2
- 9:00 pm : Social Dancing till late with DJ Michael Hayter of Perth Kizomba Events playing sensual and urban beats!
THERE IS NO “TERM” STRUCTURE, YOU CAN START ANY WEEK THAT YOU LIKE AND ARE NEVER PENALISED FOR “MISSING” A WEEK!!
Studio Saturdays at King St
Studio Saturdays at King St
25/03 Classes not running due to AWAKE festival!
Latin and Salsa – Studio Saturdays at King St Art Centre
King St Arts Centre - 2nd Floor, 357 Murray St Perth
2 hour weekly workshops!
Our 2 hour intensive workshops on every week at King St Arts Centre (Just a short walk from Northbridge and the Perth city malls, and lots of parking nearby!) These classes are still the best way to really focus on developing your STYLE, with the first hour totally devoted to BODY MOVEMENT, SHINES and complimentary other Latin Styles to get you looking like the dancer you really want to be.
The second hour works you though our Cuban Salsa at your level. Under 18’s welcome at King St Arts Centre. Great value deal for 2 hours!!! Sorry, no discount for half classes, no exceptions. Running groups for absolute beginners, intermediates & advanced
- 3:00 pm : Body Movement, Shines and Latin Styles – Salsa/Cha-cha/Kizomba/Bachata/Merengue/Reggaeton depending on the week!
- 4:00 pm : Structured Salsa Classes – Exciting Cuban Syllabus All levels from beginners up
- 5:00 pm : Join us for a relaxing drink across the road at Carnegies after class!
- Men must wear long pants/jeans & shirt/T-shirt
- NO Tanks & NO Thongs
- Most Salsa venues have a neat & smart dress code. A secure fitting shoe is highly recommended!
- Men be aware that no shorts or tanks are allowed in line with most venues’ dress codes.
Under 18’s & causual attire are welcome for:
- Saturdays at King St
If it is your FIRST TIME, please register at the door. You must fill out a short ID and disclaimer form to join the classes (just once) Please check in early and when you arrive so you don’t create delays and miss the start of your class. Thank you!
Introduce a friend to ANY Danza Loca classes (ZUMBA, Salsa, Bachata or WHATEVER!), and we’ll give you BOTH 50% off their first class! This offer is to benefit current students who bring “new” students to our classes. The new student will need to register as your guest (at class reception) on their first session. Bring more than one guest, and we’ll give you a class discount voucher (50% of course!) for each one, that you can use at a later date. The system will work much easier if the “host” accompanies their guest at their registration. Yes, once your friend has joined, they will also be able to benefit from this offer and bring their own guests to Danza Loca classes.
We know dancing with the Danza Loca Crew has made a difference in your life. Wouldn’t you want your friends to enjoy the same awesome benefits you’ve been receiving since you joined? Of course you would… and enjoy a half-price class at the same time 🙂